AAA and Bud Light are teaming up again this year to remind Americans to always choose a designated driver for a safe ride home. The annual TOW TO GO is a free service, available to both AAA members and non-members. Initiated in 1998, TOW TO GO is sponsored to get intoxicated drivers off the road. It is available during major holidays and events in selected areas of the U.S. featuring:
- Confidential local ride within a 10-mile radius to a safe location
- Service is provided in Florida, Georgia and Tennessee
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
Important TOW TO GO Guidelines:
- Tow trucks can take up to two people home; if there are more people in your party—you will need to make other arrangements to get home safely.
- You can’t make an appointment to use the Tow to Go service, it is designed to be used as a last resort so have a designated driver before you have your first drink.
- It may be necessary, in certain situations, for AAA to contact a cab company or local law enforcement to assist with getting the intoxicated individual a safe ride.
For more information, download the TOW TO GO 2014 Fact Sheet. Happy birthday America! Enjoy the celebrations, and get home – safe and sound.